Our purpose built premises were constructed in 1984 and substantially extended and refurbished in 2000. We are proud of our excellent access being a single storey offering plenty of free parking.
Find out more on our Practice Leaflet...
The surgery has suitable access for all disabled patients. There is a toilet with wheelchair access adjacent to the rear waiting room and nappy changing facilities by reception.
Data Protection and Confidentiality - GDPR
As of 25th May 2018, new data protection regulations came into force. We take our responsibility to keep information private and secure extremely seriously and, whilst these regulations won't change our commitment to that, we hope that it is easier for you to understand how we hold and use it. Healthcare professionals who provide you with care are required by law to maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you receive, and good record-keeping is extremely important to provide you with high-quality and safe healthcare.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
We value our patients and we also value our staff. Abuse and violence will not be tolerated and will result in being removed from the Practice.
Any complaints should be directed, in the first instance to Kim Braden Practice Manager.
Area Covered by Midway
The practice aims to serve an area, the boundaries of which are the River Ver to the north and east, Bedmond Lane and Blue House Hill to the west and the M1 to the south.
Practice Mission Statement
We come to work to genuinely care for our patients and nurture the care they show us. We will always try and do things the ‘Midway Way’.
The ‘Midway Way’ means:
- Doing the right thing, even it’s not the easy option
- Maintaining continuity wherever possible
- Looking after each other
- Thinking long term in the decisions we make
Over the next 12 months we aim to:
- Continue to be an active member of STAHFED, influencing the way General Practice is delivered across the locality.
- Be an active part of the Extended Access steering group with the intention of bringing 8-8, 7-day GP services to the locality.
- Build on the success we have had in the last 12 months with our award of ‘Purple Star’ for care of patients with Learning Disabilities.
- Complete the EDEN diabetes upskilling course that has already been started following on from successes we have had in improving diabetic outcomes.
- Continue to develop our in house nurse education with our aim of improving clinical skills and leadership in long-term conditions.
Most importantly keep the "Midway Way" at the heart of what we do!
All GP Practices are required to declare average national NHS earnings for GPs.
At Midway Surgery, average earnings in 2018/19 were £48,557 per GP before tax, National Insurance and employee pension contributions.
This is for 3 full-time GPs, 4 part-time GPs and 1 locum during that period.
Named Accountable GP
We have allocated a Named Accountable GP for all of our registered patients. New patients joining us will be advised of their Accountable GP at the point of registration. If you do not know who your named GP is, please ask a member of our reception team.